1. The Academy of Chionchina of Pistoia and Sant’Andrea Group, with the sponsorship of the town council of Pistoia, of the province of Pistoia, of Cassa di Risparmio di Pistoia e della Lucchesia, of the Foundation Un Raggio di Luce Onlus and with the cooperation of the Group of amateur photographers of Pistoia, of Confindustria Pistoia, of Confcommercio Pistoia and of the Museum of Paper in Pescia, in order to remember the figure of the friend and entrepreneur Giuliano Carrara
the 12th “Giuliano Carrara” International Photographic Competition
2. The Competition has a “Free” Subject, a “Paper and Cardboard: a world to discover” Subject. As far as Paper and Cardboard Subject is concerned particPIants are kindly requested to show through photographs how they see the world of paper and cardboard in all its possible aspects (practical, decorative, cultural etc.) from production to use, including disposal and recycling, how these materials affect our daily life, change our habits, solve our problems.
3. The Competition is divided into six sections:
Sec. A PI B/W Projected Images (n° 4 max) Free Subject
Sec. B PI B/W Projected Images (n° 4 max) Paper and Cardboard Subject
Sec. C PI COL Projected Images (n° 4 max) Free Subject
Sec. D PI COL Projected Images (n° 4 max) Paper and Cardboard Subject
Sec. E PI COL Projected Images (n° 4 max) Nature Subject
Sec. F PI COL Projected Images (n° 4 max) Travel Subject
4. The competition is open to photographers from all around the world, who can send no more than four works for each section. Unpublished works will be taken into particular account. The Competition is valid for the FIAF statistic: Patronage 2018/M10 and for the FIAP statistic: Patronage 2018/093
5. The application for the competition must be made exclusively on the competition website “www.concorsofotograficointernazionalegiulianocarrara.org” in the special section. We will not accept entry forms filled manually.
6. Projected images must be sent exclusively in digital form, in JPEG size and should have, with the sole aim of printing the photos for the exhibition, a resolution of 300 dpi and the longer side should have 2500 pixel. We remind that files have to be presented with the sRGB Colour Profile. The maximum size of each image should be 5 megabytes. The digital images should be sent, together with the entry-form duly filled, by upload on the web site of the Competition . The Organizing Committee will not be held responsible for computer errors in reading the images. Images not close to the above mentioned technical requirements will not be admitted or judged.
The presentation of the projected images will be made by multimedia projector on a screen which has a diagonal length of 2,50m.
7. The entry fee, as repayment of expenses, is set at 20 Euro or 24 US Dollar and 18 Euro for FIAF members and must be sent via Paypal on the website of the Competition or bank transfer on the current account IBAN CODE n°: IT 40 U 01030 13809 000000197713 BIC CODE: PASCITM1Y96 headed to Sant’Andrea Spa c/o Monte dei Paschi di Siena – Ag. 8 – Viale Adua – 51100 Pistoia - Italy, specifying the reason for payment.
Works without entry fee will not be admitted, either judged or returned.
All proceeds from the entrance fee will be handed over by the Organizing Committee to the Foundation Un Raggio di Luce Onlus of Pistoia (www.unraggiodiluce.org), humanitarian organization that operates mainly in developing countries focusing on the defense of the rights of women and children.
The works must be uploaded on the competition website not later than 27 February 2018.
8. Every author is the sole responsible for everything that concerns his own photos for all legal purposes and, except for explicit written prohibition, authorizes the issue with his name. With the acceptance of these rules every participant authorizes the treatment of personal data according to the Italian law 675/1996 and D. LGS 196/2003, with the aim to fulfil regularly the Competition. Each participant allows the insertion of his works into the web site and into the CD/catalogue of the Competition that the authors will send to all partecipants.
9. With the sole act of submitting his/her images or files to a salon under FIAP Patronage, the entrant accepts without exception and with no objection that the submitted images can be investigated by FIAP to establish if these obey to FIAP regulations and definitions even if the entrant is not a member of FIAP; that FIAP will use any means at its disposal for this undertaking; that any refusal to cooperate with FIAP or any refusal to submit the original files as captured by the camera, or failure to provide sufficient evidence, will be sanctioned by FIAP and that in case of sanctions following the non compliance with FIAP regulations, the name of the entrant will be released in any form useful to inform the breaches of the rules. It is recommended to leave the EXIF data in the submitted files intact in order to ease eventual investigations.
10. All parts of the image have to be photographed by the author who is holding the copyright of all works submitted.
11. The jury will named as Winner of the Competition, and Best FIAP Author, the author with the highest number of admitted works.
The decision of the juries is unquestionable and the participation to the Competition implies the complete acceptance of these and of the FIAF/FIAP rules.
The result of the jury’s works in addition to the e-mail communication, will be published on the web site of the Competition. In order to make the presence to the prizegiving ceremony easier, the organizing committee will refund the winner of the competition the travel expenses by train or by plane (single and return ticket in economy class) and the stay expenses in a three stars hotel half board for two days.
All admitted and awarded prints will be exposed in class sheets.
Money awards, that are not personally or through delegates collected, will be sent by bank transfer. Trophies and/or plaques will not be shipped.
For further information please contact:
The Chairmain of the Competition:
Mr. Giacomo Boccardi
c/o Un Raggio di Luce Foundation via A. Franchetti, 11 51100 Pistoia Italy
Tel. 0039/ 0573 – 31291 - firstname.lastname@example.org